The best STARTER programme team will be selected on the 30th of January at sTARTUp Day 15.30 on the Pitching stage!
Most of the teams have been working on their ideas since September and all four programmes have selected their best ideas to compete at the STARTER Pitching competition.
Six best STARTER programme teams all over Estonia get together to pitch their ideas at the business festival sTARTUp Day Pitching stage. Selected teams are winners of pre-round pitching competitions in Tallinn and in Tartu. The overall winner will get tickets to Arctic15 – the most effective matchmaking startup event in the Nordics and Baltics.
STARTERtallinn teams in final:
AdZillah – We are building the device and web app to make easy to run indoor banner ads on screens and gather statistics about emotions that people had looking at that ads, in order to help our customers to improve their ads.
BinFree – BinFree is a doorstep service that aims to help out people to return their bottles to the deposit system without hassle and engage in a more sustainable lifestyle at a low cost.
newHorizons – newHorizons is an empowering program for schoolgirls from rural areas in developing countries.
Recovery Companion – Recovery Companion is a health application, that precisely matches them for support and mentorship to empower them take control of their journey and navigate the healthcare system better.
io_Developers– Our product ZoomX is an All-in-One eyeglass, controlled via mobile app, that allows customers to continuously adjust vision on objects, as they wish.
Second team will be selected during the same day at Kaleidoskoop pitching competition!
STARTER mentor and jury member Ants-Oskar Mäesalu gives the following recommendations for the Kaleidoskoop finalists:
- Be very clear and concise on both the problem and the solution.
- Think about your business, and go the extra mile to show why what you are doing is unique, important and valuable.
- Show your expertise. New things raise doubt, so build trust. Sell the grand vision, but show the steps you’re taking to get there.
- Pitching is a show. Inspire, surprise and entertain. Open up and have a good time. And the people will, as well.
- Creating the perfect pitch is not a one-off task, but rather a process. Write a pitch, practice and present it. Rework it and repeat the process.
The jury will be:
Triin Kask (Nevercode co-founder)
Ivo Remmelg (President of EstBAN)
Arta Abasina (Investment and Operations Director at Overkill Ventures)